Men's Health Program
Guys, you know you need to be more proactive about your health. Eat right, get more exercise, sleep more, you've heard it all. But for some reason, you're still not doing it. At Shawnee Mission Primary Care we know it's not easy, but we think we can help you get on the right track.
View larger version.
Our men's health program will help you determine where you are with your health and our experts will work with you to get you where you need to be.
Here's how it works
- Call our Men's Health Line at 913-632-3232 to schedule an appointment with one of the men's health experts at Shawnee Mission Primary Care. These physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants have a special interest in men's health and can work with you to achieve optimal performance.
- Prior to your appointment, you'll get a draw at one of our lab locations so that your results are ready in time for your first appointment with the provider.
- On the day of your appointment, the provider will discuss with you the results of your labs and conduct various additional screenings as needed.
- Because our Men's Health providers are part of Shawnee Mission Health (SMH), they have access to nearly 700 physicians in 50 specialties, should you need follow-up care. And SMH programs such as our nutrition clinic and Center for Pain Medicine may be part of your continued wellness plan.
We know you may not be eager to visit the doctor, but being proactive about your health now is a lot easier than dealing with a major health emergency later.
Men's Health providers
The following Shawnee Mission Primary Care physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide care through the Men's Health program:
Michael Greenfield, MD
Anthony Healy, MD
William Hendricks, MD
Dennis Jensen, MD
Travis Keller, MD
David Kennedy, MD
Paul Moore, Jr., MD
Chad Winters, DO
Aaron Benson, APRN-C
James Boyes, PA-C
Martin Murphy, APRN-C
These providers are located at Shawnee Mission Primary Care practices across Johnson County. Click on each provider's name for additional information about him and his practice. Or, click here to learn more about all nine SMPC locations.
Schedule an appointment
There are two ways to schedule an appointment or request more information about the Men's Health program:
1. Call the Shawnee Mission Health Men's Health Line at 913-632-3232, any time day or night, to speak with a registered nurse.
2. Request an appointment online by completing the e-appointment request form
. Please be sure to choose "Men's Health Program" in the Appointment Type field. Please note: the drop-down menu for the Preferred Doctor field includes all Shawnee Mission Primary Care providers, including but not limited to those who participate in the Men's Health program. When completing the form, please choose one of the providers listed above. If you happen to choose a provider who does not participate in the Men's Health program, the scheduling specialist who replies to your appointment request will be glad to help you select a participating provider.
These Shawnee Mission Health events, classes and services are open to the community and may be of interest to you:
Function Better for Life: various dates; register by calling Shawnee Mission Health NurseLine at 913-676-7777, option 2.
Massage Therapy: Shawnee Mission Health Life Dynamics provides licensed massage therapy services in a relaxing, wellness-focused environment. To schedule a massage appointment, call 913-676-2040, option 2.
For more information about Shawnee Mission Health's Men's Health program, download our free Men's Health Guide
or call the Men's Health Line at 913-632-3232, any time day or night. We look forward to taking care of you.