Hand Specialty Center Unique to Kansas City
The Shawnee Mission Hand Specialty Center is the only facility in the greater Kansas City area to exclusively offer
a full spectrum of services for the delicate treatment of hands and wrists. Our team of doctors and therapists
have specialized training in caring for a variety of hand injuries and congenital deformities including:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, osteoarthritis and trigger finger treatment
- Rheumatoid arthritis and joint replacement
- Cysts and tumors of the hand and wrist
- Post-accident fracture, nerve/tendon damage and burn repair
- Work-related injuries and overuse/repetitive use syndromes
- Complex wound repair including skin grafts and reconstruction
- Hand and wrist problems of any type.
We provide both conservative and surgical management for all types of hand, wrist and forearm problems. We
also specialize in microsurgery of the nerves and arteries of the upper extremity. On site, patients can access
radiology services, along with comprehensive hand therapy.
About Our Facility
The Shawnee Mission Hand Specialty Center is conveniently located at Shawnee Mission Health - Prairie Star. This location offers the growing population of the western metro area the
convenience of receiving high-quality medical care in a location close to home. Located at K-7 and Prairie Star
Parkway, this comprehensive health care facility can be easily accessed from K-7, K-10, I-435 and I-35, allowing
area residents to receive care from the most talented and skillful health care professionals in the region.
Prairie Star features a wide variety of services to keep the entire family healthy, including a 24/7
Emergency Department, Surgery Center, Imaging Center, laboratory, primary care office and other physician
View larger version.
For more information about the Hand Specialty Center, call 913-676-8626.