Your First Appointment
Please arrive early so that we can complete your initial paperwork. Also, please bring the following:
- Driver’s license
- Patient's insurance card
- List of current prescriptions and/or over-the-counter medication, including dose and frequency
- Information about patient's medical and surgical history
- Recent test results, X-rays, or relevant records
You will be contacted with results after all tests are received and reviewed by the physician. This usually takes seven to 10 days after the completion of all tests.
For the most efficient service, please have your pharmacy call us directly when you need a refill. Please allow 24 hours to process your refill request. Please remember, we do not fill narcotic prescriptions after office hours.
Shawnee Mission Neurology Consultants works with most health insurance and managed care plans to provide you affordable care.
If your insurance requires a referral for you to see a specialist, please make sure this is in place prior to your appointment.
For a thorough listing of individual participating plans, please contact our Billing Department at 913-632-9810, ext. 29812.
- Your co-pay is due at the time of service.
- Payment for services rendered for non-participating insurance carriers is due when service is rendered.
- If you do not have insurance or if auto insurance is responsible for your bill, payment is required at the time of service.
- If you fail to show up or do not cancel your appointment within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment, a $50 fee will be charged to your account.
- Returned checks are subject to a service fee. Any returned check must be resolved prior to scheduling your next appointment.
- If an outstanding account with Shawnee Mission Physicians Group has been placed with a collection agency, we will not schedule an appointment until full payment is received.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Our patient account representatives are available to assist you with billing, insurance and payment questions at 913-632-9810, ext. 29812.
Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. It is given to all new patients, and a copy is available upon request.