For the third year, Shawnee Mission Health will offer the Take Time to LIV
wellness program. Designed to reduce cardiovascular disease, this program has the potential to truly make a difference in the health of our community. Through a screening process, we will identify 15 to 18 women who are at risk for heart disease to take part in this intensive seven-month program that will begin in January.
Women accepted should exhibit at least three of the following risk factors:
If you have interest in participating in the Take Time to LIV program, please contact Libby Davis, Program Manager, at 913-632-4LIV.
- High blood pressure of 130/85 or higher
- A triglyceride level of 150 mg/dl or above
- A fasting glucose of 100 mg/dl or above
- An HDL cholesterol of less than 50 mg/dl
- A waistline of 35 inches or more
Take Time to LIV
is a seven-month wellness program featuring:
- Comprehensive blood draw, blood pressure, abdominal girth and BMI will be obtained three times throughout the seven months, at the beginning, middle and end of the program.
- One-on-one hour consultation with a personal wellness coach, followed by monthly consults. Each session will offer support and provide an opportunity to review goals.
- Your choice of a seven-month fitness/workout membership with six personal training sessions, or a stipend you can use to join one of your choice.
- Six personal training sessions.
- Monthly dietitian counseling.
- Grocery store tour to learn how to read food labels and discover new food choices with a dietitian. A class led by a dietitian in a cooking studio will also be offered.
- Multiple educational sessions on topics such as nutrition, stress, healthy relationships, exercise, heart health and more.
- Wellness tool kit
Cost of the Program
Each participant will be required to pay a $375 initial deposit. Upon completion of the seven-month program, the fee will be refunded.
The group of women will meet the first and third Wednesdays of each month, 5:30-7 p.m., from January through August, with the exception of April and May. During those two months, women will participate in a walking group (Women's Training Team) every Tuesday from April 3-May 8, 6-7:30 p.m. Meeting locations will vary.