As a not-for-profit community health care network, Shawnee Mission Health (SMH) plays a vital role in the community by reinvesting nearly a half-million dollars back into the Kansas City area each year. SMH supports the community in a variety of ways through social, educational and civic organizations that share the same mission, vision and values.
In 2013, SMH supported numerous agencies and organizations, including the Shawnee Mission and Blue Valley School Districts, and nearly all Johnson County Chambers of Commerce and economic development organizations. SMH has also partnered with several community organizations that share the same family-centric values including 3&2 Baseball, Overland Park Arts and Recreation Foundation, Johnson County Parks & Recreation and more.
New this year, SMH will serve as the Presenting Sponsor of the Prairie Village Art Fair scheduled for May 30-June 1. Here are a few other places you’ll find SMH this summer and fall:
- Kansas City Heart Walk – Saturday, May 31
- Jazz in the Woods – June 20-21
- Downtown Overland Park Farmer’s Market – Saturdays (April-November), 6:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and Wednesdays (May-September), 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Deanna Rose Farmstead – Various dates throughout the summer and fall.
- Theatre in the Park (Shawnee Mission Park) – Various dates throughout the summer.