Thank you for choosing
Shawnee Mission Health Radiology
Shawnee Mission Health is pleased to have kept pace with the rapidly changing field of diagnostic radiology. What began in 1962 as a small department with only hard-copy pictures of bony structures has evolved into a 23-room department, staffed by more than 80 skilled technologists, as well as a large support staff.
Today’s X-rays include 3-D images of the body’s innermost workings and real-time images of organs, joints and blood flow in motion, all digitally stored and shared with the click of a button. We continually strive to advance our services to benefit the health and wellness of our community.
Our Commitment to You
Our technically advanced equipment and procedures, combined with the skill of our caring and professional technologists, will make your diagnostic experience as quick, accurate, comfortable and stress-free as possible.
To maintain our status as the preferred imaging provider in the Kansas City area by providing timely and accurate diagnoses that promote the wellness and healing of every patient.
- To maintain positive, communicative relationships with patients, physicians and other medical professionals.
- To acquire equipment, technology and health professionals that are the most advanced in the field.
- To keep the physical and emotional comfort of each patient as a top priority.
- To create awareness for the many services offered by SMMC Radiology through the use of internal and external communication strategies.
- To provide timely and efficient access to our services, in terms of scheduling, location and reporting of results.
- To live the mission of the hospital, Improving Health Through Christian Service.