When it comes to the health of your family, we understand just how important quick access to quality health care is to you. That's why Shawnee Mission Primary Care has taken steps to improve the way you receive health care and interact within the health care system.
Welcome to Your Patient-Centered Medical Home
All seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations have earned NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition for fostering a team that provides centralized, comprehensive, and coordinated primary care.
As part of the Medical Home, your Shawnee Mission Primary Care provider will:
- Provide you with 24-hour access to a health care provider by phone
- Schedule your same-day appointment
- Review your medications at every visit and discuss any interactions
- Develop a personal action plan to address your health, including chronic conditions
- Help you set health goals
- Inform you of all test results
- Help you take control of your health by providing education, materials and information regarding other community programs and resources
- Offer you an online patient portal that provides secure access to the following:
- Send secure messages to our medical, nursing and clerical staff
- Appointment requests
- Request prescription refills
- Review test results
- View statements
- Export elements of your medical record to your personal health record.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Make sure your provider knows your entire medical history, including any medications you take.
- Actively participate with your provider in planning your care.
- Keep your appointments as scheduled.
- Adhere to the action plan designed by your providers.
- Consult with your provider before making an appointment with a specialist.
- Request that any other health care provider you see send copies of reports, lab work and test results to Shawnee Mission Primary Care.
- Sign up for the patient portal.
- Provide feedback on how we can improve.
Here for Your Health, Every Day
You can communicate with a Medical Home team member anytime during normal working hours by calling Shawnee Mission Primary Care directly or via our patient portal.
Outside of normal clinic hours, please visit Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care in Lenexa or Overland Park. You may also call Shawnee Mission Primary Care to be connected with the on-call provider. Please continue to call 911 for all emergencies.
For answers to your health questions or to schedule an appointment, 24/7, call the ASK-A-NURSE Resource Center at 913-676-7777.