Shawnee Mission Holistic Care
9100 W. 74th Street
Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Located within the Outpatient Entrance on the west side of the Shawnee Mission Medical Center campus
For an appointment, call 913-632-9860.
A Naturopathic Approach at Shawnee Mission Holistic Care
Naturopathic medicine is an approach to health care that uses natural, non-toxic therapies to treat the whole person and encourage the self-healing process. Naturopathic Doctors (ND) often work alongside your conventional medical team to help uncover underlying causes of your ailments. Consulting with an ND can help provide the “whys” in regards to chronic health complaints for individuals of all ages.
Shawnee Mission Holistic Care is led by Megan Schlick, ND
. Schlick earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Kansas State University and doctorate degree from Bastyr University, an accredited naturopathic school in Seattle, Wash. She has special training in nutritional medicine, herbal medicine, lifestyle modifications and homeopathy, and treats men, women and children.
What to Expect
As part of your first, one-hour consultation, Dr. Schlick will review your history, perform any needed physical exams, order testing based on your health presentation, and review your current supplements. After a thorough review of your health, we can determine if it is safe to treat with natural therapies, or if a referral to a medical doctor is needed.
Our Naturopathic Provider will recommend natural therapies based on findings, including:
- Herbal and botanical preparations
- Dietary supplements, including vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Lifestyle counseling, as many medical conditions can be treated with exercise, improved sleep and stress reduction, as well as foods and nutritional supplements
- Referrals for additional natural therapies, including chiropractic, acupuncture and massage therapy
Conditions Commonly Treated
- Digestive disorders, such as IBS, IBD, GERD and chronic constipation
- Skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis or unknown rashes
- Hormonal imbalances
- Cancer, complementing treatment recommended by your medical oncologist
Specialty Testing Available
- Food intolerance testing
- Hormone testing
- Nutrient testing
- Neurotransmitter levels
- Comprehensive digestive analysis testing
Cost of Services
Flex Spending and Health Savings Accounts are accepted. Shawnee Mission Holistic Care will work with you for out-of-network reimbursement. Please call 913-632-9680 for more information.
Naturopathic Medicine Intake Form
Notice of Patient Privacy Form
Financial Policy Form