Do you feel like you are losing control of your life or constantly underneath a dark cloud? Are medications or psychotherapy not working? Do you feel overwhelmed?
Shawnee Mission Medical Center (SMMC) offers hope through an alternative treatment option called electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) for people who are suffering from depression, bipolar and other disorders. Our team of physicians and nurses will work together to provide you safe, effective care. We offer thorough assessments to monitor your health and progress through the course of treatment. Our goal is to assist you in leading a healthier life that is worth celebrating.
About the Treatments
- Treatments are scheduled two to three days per week, for a total of 10-12 treatments.
- Ongoing maintenance treatments are available to prevent relapse.
- Compassionate, approachable treatment team members will walk the journey with you.
- The program is located on the campus of SMMC.
Former patients have shared the following about our program:
- “I have suffered with depression practically my whole life. I can’t thank God enough for ECT. It has made a difference when medicine and therapy weren’t enough.”
- “I am grateful for a treatment that has helped my family, as well as myself return to living.”
- “The entire ECT Department gave me hope when I had none. The treatments saved my life.”
- “The staff is kind and compassionate. They put you at ease during the procedure.”
Taking the first step may be difficult, but making one phone call will connect you with a caring individual who will understand and assist you in getting the help you need. For more information, call the ECT program at 913-789-1806.