When individuals are faced with difficult situations in their lives, they oftentimes don’t know where to turn. The Behavioral Health Assessment Center at Shawnee Mission Medical Center (SMMC) provides assessments to assist individuals in determining the appropriate type of treatment.
Whether it’s related to mental health or chemical dependency, our licensed professionals will assist you in getting the resources you need.
SMMC’s behavioral health services offer inpatient hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment programs.Assessments are performed by licensed professionals.
- Evaluation of presenting problem and symptoms
- Treatment recommendations
- Arrangements for treatment in our inpatient or outpatient programs, if necessary
- Verification of insurance benefits and pre-certification of admission, if necessary
- Physician or therapist referral, if necessary.
Taking the first step may be difficult, but making one phone call will connect you with a caring individual who will understand and assist you in getting the help you need. For more information, call 913-789-3218.