Shawnee Mission Medical Center's Behavioral Health Assessment Center serves as a point of entry for our mental health and addiction recovery programs. Our highly trained staff of licensed professionals are available by appointment to meet with individuals in need of behavioral health care. Because we understand that asking for help can be difficult, our patients are treated with the utmost care and compassion as they are individually interviewed by our clinical staff in a confidential environment that promotes dignity and respect. Upon completion of the initial assessment, individuals will receive a clinical recommendation for the most appropriate level of care which may include inpatient treatment or intensive outpatient treatment. Additionally, our clinicians may provide individuals and families with information and resources for community-based services to enhance mental health and addiction recovery.
Initial Assessments include:
- Evaluation of presenting problems and symptoms
- Treatment recommendations
- Verification of insurance benefits and pre-certification of admission for qualifying patients
- Referral for qualifying patients into our inpatient or outpatient treatment programs
- Referral to a community based physician and/or therapist when indicated.
No cost assessments are available by appointment Monday through Friday. We serve adults, ages 18 and above, who are willing to voluntarily participate in treatment. To schedule an appointment with the Behavioral Health Assessment Center, please call 913-789-3218
and begin your journey towards recovery and wellness.