Addiction Recovery Inpatient Program
Our commitment to the community spans four decades of helping individuals and families achieve positive, lasting life changes. This commitment grows stronger with each success.
At Shawnee Mission Medical Center (SMMC), our goal is to create an atmosphere that encourages self-exploration and responsible behavior to help enhance the healing process. In addition to providing round-the-clock care, we also offer an intensive therapeutic and educational program in a structured environment for patients who may need detoxification or medical management.
Our inpatient program focuses on personal treatment and recovery issues including the following:
- Alcohol addiction
- Drug addiction
- Medication addiction
- Relapse prevention
Addiction Recovery Intensive Outpatient Program
- Are alcohol or other drugs impacting your life?
- Do you feel like you are losing control?
- Are important relationships in jeopardy?
- Do you often feel the temptation to hurt yourself?
SMMC offers a comfortable, confidential environment free of judgment. Our goal is to assist you in leading a sober lifestyle that is worth celebrating while our treatment teams share a vision of hope and healing. We will help you develop the coping skills necessary to understand your disease and how to maintain sobriety through a 12-step program. Encouragement is offered through a therapeutic group setting where family involvement is encouraged.
About the Program
- Program hours are offered three hours a day, three times a week.
Compassionate, approachable licensed treatment team members are there to support you.
The after care program is offered for growth and support to achieve lasting life changes.
The program is located on the SMMC campus.
Day or evening programs are available.
Former patients have shared the following feedback about our program:
- "No methods of therapy have ever helped me as much as this program.”
- "I received excellent treatment and would recommend the program to any friend or family member.”
- "The staff is extremely knowledgeable, flexible and caring.”
- “The program provided a very helpful and healing process and a working team that does a great job.”
Taking the first step may be difficult, but making one phone call will connect you with a caring individual who will understand and assist you in getting the help you need. For more information, call our Behavioral Health Assessment Center at 913-789-3218.